Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Liebster Award Nom(nomnom)ination #2

Aaaand another nomination from my ole pal at A Moot Point.

First off, here are my 11 Facts About Me, as per Da Rules:

1. I am near-sighted in one eye and far-sighted in the other.
2. I am the only one that I know who enjoys (yes, enjoys) eating cottage cheese by itself.
3. I've been trying to write a book for about a year and a half.
4. I CANNOT drink wine. I just...can't.
5. I can speak near-fluent French.
6. I cannot speak any Spanish.
7. I've lived in three different houses in the past year (special shoutout to mom and dad for helping me move twice).
8. I was an English and French major with a minor in Film Studies.
9. I refuse to watch gory movies.
10. I made a handful of movies when I was in middle school and would be horrified if they ever were uploaded onto YouTube.
11. I've worn some type of ring on my right ring finger since 2006.




The Questions:
1. What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Coffee. And sometimes cookies and cream.

2. Give us one movie/book title that has changed your outlook in life. Why?
Too many! 

3. If you only have one day to live and you can only eat one type of food, what will it be?
Chinese. All the way.

4. Who is your favorite author/director and why?
Tie between Woody Allen and Alfred Hitchcock. I love their distinctive styles.

5. If you were to be born again, would you rather be a boy or a girl? Why?
I enjoy being a girl.

6. What are the perks of being a blogger, in your opinion/experience?
Saying whatever the heck you want and having people make the conscious decision to read it.

7. Would you rather be a movie star or a director? Why?
Director. It's too easy to get wrapped up in yourself as an actor.

8. What's your favorite era when it comes to Hollywood movies? Why?
The early 1960's. All the glamour of the 50's but a little more open-minded.

9. Who's your favorite actor/actress, why?
I love Ralph Fiennes. He's so versatile and I especially loved him in Grand Budapest Hotel.

10. Who would you want to mentor you? Could be living or dead. Could be an author (if you wanna be a writer) or a director. Or any other person.
Not sure!

11. Do you believe in ghosts? Why?
Only after seeing a spooky movie :O

- See more at: http://strangereview.blogspot.com/2014/05/my-first-liebster-award-nomination.html#sthash.NljXoTV1.dpuf


I WOULD LIKE TO NOMINATE!:
The Rambling Imp

- Rambling Film
- The Vern's Videovanguard
- A Fistful of Films
- Lime Reviews, Strawberry Confessions
- Let's Be Splendid About This

Here are your questions:
1. If you had to pick between watching black and white or color movies forever which would you choose?
2. Would you rather watch a romcom or a horror movie? Why?
3. What's your preferred movie theater snack?
4. Who's your favorite character of all time?
5. Name three of your favorite movies made before 1950.
6. Disney or Dreamworks?
7. Wes Anderson or Quentin Tarentino?
8. Dark humor or light humor?
9. What's your favorite poster art that you've ever seen?
10. If you had to watch a movie that was over 3 hours long, which one would you choose?
11. What's your favorite country for foreign film?

Let's go!


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the nom! :) I will get on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will answer!!
    1. color
    2. romcom, unless its a thriller (horror to me means gore)
    3. Popcorn, no butter :) and sour patch kids to share with Tim
    4. Steve Martin as Father of the Bride
    5. Christmas Carol (Allister Simms), Its a Wonderful Life, Now Voyager (and one more! Rebecca)
    6. Disney!!
    7. WES WES WES
    8. Light (even though I love dark)
    9. Breakfast at Tiffanys (said every girl born between 1985 and 1990)
    10. NONE. nope. Except maybe Father of the Bride and FotB the sequel
    11. Amelie and The Chorus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nom! I'll be sure to get on this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so jealous with the near-fluent French thing O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, it took me like 8 years--but worth the time investment!

      Delete